A little self-education goes a long way. If you would like to learn more about neurofeedback, there are a wealth of resources available.
If you are new to neurofeedback, the book A Symphony in the Brain is a great introduction to the field. If you would like more information on a particular condition, you will find the relevant books, links, and articles in the goals section.
If you have a professional interest in neurofeedback, Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Techniques and Applications gives a good overview of the different approaches to neurofeedack.
To the left of the page is a listing of peer-reviewed studies, sorted into individual areas of interest.
- Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma Seaburn Fisher
- Childhood Disrupted Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- The Body Keeps the Score (transforming Trauma) Bessel Van Der Kolk
- A Symphony in the Brain: The Evolution of the New Brain Wave Biofeedback Jim Robbins
- Neurofeedback: Transforming Your Life with Brain Biofeedback Clare Albright
- The Neurofeedback Solution: How to Treat Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Brain Injury, Stroke, PTSD, and More Stephen Larsen
- Healing Young Brains: The Neurofeedback Solution Hill and Castro
- Autism, ADHD & Neurofeedback: 6 Powerful Strategies to Increase Your Child’s Peak Performance Lisa Enneis LMFT and Teresa Lauer LMHC
For further reading and in-depth neurofeedback studies and research.
- Getting Started with Neurofeedback John N. Demos
- Quantitative EEG, Event-Related Potentials and Neurotherapy Juri Kropotov
- Developmental Disorders: A Neuropsychological Approach David Freides
- Cognition, Brain, and Consciousness: Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience Bernard J. Baars and Nicole M. Gage
- Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Techniques and Applications Robert Coben and James R. Evans
- Handbook of Neurofeedback: Dynamics and Clinical Applications Evans James
- Introduction to Quantitative EEG and Neurofeedback James R. Evans and Andrew Abarbanel
- The Neurofeedback Book: An Introduction to Basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology Michael Thompson
- Evidence-Based Practice in Biofeeback and Neurofeedback Carolyn Yucha
Comprehensive Neurofeedback Sites
Neurofeedback sites for professionals and certification bodies, giving an extensive overview of neurofeedback practice, research, and additional links.
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
- Biofeedback Foundation of Europe
- Society of Applied Neuroscience
Neurofeedback Research Biliographies
Comprehensive online neurofeedback bibliographies with research links.